Longside Parish Church of Scotland

Scottish Charity No SC008873

Longside 400

In 1620 Longside’s first Church building opened its doors to a scattered and remote congregation. Roads were virtually non-existent, making travel to the nearest Churches at Old Deer or Peterhead difficult. So, with the approval of the Earl Marischal, on whose lands it was situated, a new Church was provided for our forebears, the residents in the area. The building, now the roofless ruin in the churchyard, clebrated its 400th anniversary in 2020.

Rate this page

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.